Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pumpkin Seeds - Nutrition Facts - Nutritional Value

With Halloween and Thanksgiving around the corner, you are probably buying your pumpkins already. If you are not sure how to roast the seeds, I am uploading a video I found that explains it pretty well. I have already started roasting my own, since pumpkin seeds are packed with nutrients.




A typical serving of 1/4 cup has 186 calories, contains amino acids and unsaturated fatty acids like Omega 3. Pumpkin seeds are an excellent source of manganese, magnesium and phosphorus, and contain zinc, iron, tryptophan, vitamins and cancer fighting cucurbitace.

Pumpkin seeds are a great school snack since they don't trigger allergies. Like popcorn, pumpkin seeds can be roasted with seasonings, herbs, spices and sauces like soy or tobasco. I was a bit dissapointed with the amount of seeds I got out of my first pumpkin. It is easier to buy them online, since they are already prepared and available all year round. I have provided a link for ordering seeds online. Pumpkin seeds can help lower cholesterol, fight certain cancers, improve bladder function, kidney function and brain function. So many health benefits - and they taste great! A snack you can definitely indulge in!

No comments:

Post a Comment