Monday, August 10, 2009

Kids Nutrition Blog is now online!

I try to help overweight and obese kids learn how to eat right, control portions, and make healthy food choices. Trouble is - unhealthy kids aren't the exception - they are now one out of every 3! Obesity and type 2 diabetes has become an epidemic in the U.S. and elsewhere. Being overweight affects kids' health, self confidence, ability to participate in sports and activities, and can shorten their lifespan. My hope is that this blog will reach people that need and want help to make informed choices and change bad habits into good habits - kids, parents, families, schools, etc.

I will be posting information on nutrition, what to eat, how much to eat, how to read food lables, how to give your traditional recipes a nutritional makeover, help for high cholesterol, help for type 2 diabetes, vitamins and mineral information, natural vs. organic foods, even recipes.

Look for my weekly posts. If I can help any kids or families on the way to better health, the time I spend on this blog will be well worth it.

Kids Nutritionist

No comments:

Post a Comment